Monday, April 2, 2012



NEW PICTURES!

Great District! Norfolk, Virginia - February 2012


Another tour of the Ship Yards!!





TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012



Hey Everyone! I sure  hope that couch is worth it! It better be Bro. Fine! haha! (Don did an audio recording for Nick!)

It was awesome to hear the Home Teacher's voices and how much (Bro. Bryson) Gilmore has grown - he sounds totally different!

That's awesome that Sis. Fine is coming  home right after me. That would be great to speak in the same sacrament meeting!

So this past week I had the rug swiped out from under me. I had BED BUGS! :-( I had bites all over my arms and neck. We figured out where they were living in my room and then took a steamer to my bed, backpacks, suits and bed frame. We put diatamatious (sp?) earth down around my bed on the baseboards and now I don't have them anymore. We got rid of the problem very quickly...other than that the Doctor has me on a z-pack of sorts for the bites....just to be sure.

We're just starting to get very busy here in Norfolk and getting everything back on track.


Nick's Greenie!

Transfers and a new Companion!







Lately, we have been reading in Joseph Smith's History where he is writing his experiences down and the validity of his history. It is easy to know that what he said is true but 'the praying and the doing part' is going to have to be the turning point for people. I believe once they get their answer...nothing will matter. The vision that God is trying to tell us is, he loves us and wants us to return back to him.

I also studied 'Agency' today and it's very fascinating to me that there has to and must be an opposition in all things......otherwise, there wouldn't be a purpose in doing good if there were no evil. How religion plays a big role in that. The scriptures are the source from where we can find and understand our purpose as to why we should be doing what we're doing. To me it's a deep thought..Haha!...but it's good....almost like dessert to my brain (something to munch on for a while!) :-)

I've also been reading up on how the Apostle Paul was trying to understand how to improve himself through God - and how much help that was to him. The psychology of that is awesome! How we are OCD with some things. Reading how Paul answers the question of 'How do I stop doing the bad things and instead to start doing the righteous things! It's awesome!

Anywaaaaaaaayyyyyyy, yeah things are going great!

I hope the girls are doing great! I hope to  hear from them soon. How are things going in the scriptures? Anything interesting that any of y'all have applied? The scriptures are super interesting and something I can't wait to study every day! HAHA! it's great! Confusing in some areas - but well worth the study.

So folks!...if one of you is getting a bike, get something that has Shimano equipment. The good brands are TREK, LIAHONA, SPECIALIZED, DIAMOND BACK, KONA, FUJI, RALEIGH. Those are some of the brands that are good. If you want a bike that's going to cost less in the long run that's going to be what you're looking for. The other bikes i.e. @ Walmart are ok but you'll want to get into the custom parts for those bikes later because they don't come with great parts. The above brands are great because missionaries use them all the time in the field and they can really take a beating.

I found a great scripture in the Book of Mormon:

"For none of these iniquities come of the Lord; for he doeth that which is good among the children of men; and he doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile."    **2 Nephi 26:33  This scripture stood out to me because it really addresses the whole "rascist" aspect of things....Great that God is not a respecter of any one type of person.

Another one:

"And thus, in their properous circumstances, they did not send away any who were naked, or that were hungry, or that were athirst, or that were sick, or that had not been nourished; and they did not set their hearts upon riches; therefore they were liberal to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, whether out of the church or in the church, having no respect to persons as to those who stood in need."    ** Alma 1:30    This scripture is one that I really like how we should look at things. It's a guide to help us understand the love of God. The relationship we should all have with each other and the outlook of riches. It's the moments we have with each other that make up eternity and happiness - not money.

I can't wait to get home and do service and go to shelters and help those in need - just for the feeling of charity it gives me....and the change that takes place in me. I hope everyone learns that lesson. It's what changes the world. It helps us to see our true potential and how much God loves His children.  "In order to get answers to our prayers, we must be an answer to someone elses'."  **Pres. Uchtdorf

Well, I LOVE all of you. I hope things are going well and that life is getting better!

I love....family..forget not.:-)

Romans 8:16-17 & John 3:16


Elder Richards

Virginia Richmond Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment