Monday, September 19, 2011

TRANSFERS - 19 September 2011

Hey Mom!

I'm getting transferred! To the city....a foreign land called Portsmouth, Virginia. It's next to Virginia Beach but not in the same zone as the spanish speaking Elder Richards.

I'm a little sad for leaving a great area! We've just gotten somewhere with our investigators. Some of them are now beginning to stop smoking and others are beginning to stop drinking......and they all want to go to the temple! We've really made some progress with this area, lifting it up since there was nothing at all to work with. It was dead in numbers.

Now I'm leaving the quiet confines of the country where if one little branch hits the ground the whole town knows about it......To a city where we're on bikes and looking out for traffic all day and trying not to get lost all the time; but it's going to be great - but some getting used to.

You know, as a missionary you are really different than most people. Most people are going about their day going to work and getting back from the busy life and missionaries use all the resources they have to get around, trying to know the in's and out's of the area and transportation and not to mention - know quite a few people in the area. Haha! It's actually great to have so many experiences in this short time in my life!

I hope that things at home are doing well and that dad enjoys all the fun cultural changes going on around him. I'm glad to hear that missionaries are coming and going in the 4th ward. Tell them all I said WHAT'S UP - FROM VIRGINIA!

Well, I'm about to get moving today!

YO EVERYONE! The gospel is true! Just FYI!

Anyway, I'm heading out but I love y'all and I hope that you enjoy your day! Oh and my new companion's name is Elder Jensen. (I came out with him!)

Thanks  bye!

E. Richards

Virginia Richmond Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment