Thursday, June 2, 2011

May 31, 2011

Hey Dad!

Sorry that I couldn't e-mail yesterday.  It was a holiday, so back to the good stuff. It's good to email you and use a computer!

These past few days have been great, awesome, weird, sad and EPIC...and also humbling.

On Monday (yesterday) we spent the day doing service moving pavers in 89+ degree weather in Newport News. It was nice to see this area in Virginia. All day of just constant sweat and agony, haha! (hard work) and it was fun! Doing service and enjoying working with our member mission leader Bro. Gruber.

Today we went to the hospital and gave a blessing to a member and spent a few hours with them to help give comfort. It's interesting to go through life having people completely depend on you and thank you for everything or even just for being there for them and I'm not even married! It's crazy.....but well worth the journey!

How's your week been? Anything exciting happen recently? It's good to hear from you and know that your ok.

Lately I spoke with President Perry about donating blood and he gave me the green light to do so - as I'm O- .....so it's all good. The next hurdle I have to conquer is making sure Elder Carter doesn't pass out while I give blood.

The mission is going well; we're really stoked to have a zone meeting this Friday.

Recently we're having to go and work back from the bottom up to be able to find people; this area is so different so we mainly work by doing service - it's been fun!

I hope to send Cory and Laura some pictures soon. I got a letter from Cory this week and it really made my day! He's like the brother I never had. :-) Well, I hope you enjoy these pictures and I hope your week is going well.

I love you!

E. Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment