Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Week of January 24th - Lots of news this week!

We've received lots of mail and news this week!  We received a letter from Nick's mission president Pres. James Perry. The picture below was taken after getting up at 3:00 a.m. MST earlier that day. It had been a long day - plus flying on 2 airplanes - which was also a NEW experience for him. I was lucky enough to be home when he called from the Detroit airport where they had their layover.


Picture was taken on 12 Jan. 2011 after Elder Richards arrived at the Mission Home.




In his letter from the Mission home he writes:


Hey Mom and Dad! I'm here in Richmond, Virginia and it kind of looks like Washington. My mission president is really nice. I've got a little bit of jet lag; but other than that I'm O.K....a little nervous so keep praying and send lots of letters.

I've been fed and the food is good. I love you and can't wait to hear from all of you. The letters help - they REALLY DO! :-)  So keep praying for me and if you can, it would be nice for you to put my name in the Temple.

I really appreciate all the love from you both. If you could also pray for my companions too, so that things will run smooth.

Well I LOVE you all and like I said, don't hesitate to send more letters.

Your loving son and missionary

Elder Richards :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment