Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Letter from Elder Richards to Mom!

Hey Mom :-)

It's so nice getting your letters! I really do enjoy reading them. It always makes my day when I get ANY sort of mail. Thank you for all your love and inspiration and scriptures that you've been sending. My heart just fills with the Spirit when I read the scriptures you send me.

I'm so grateful for the love you have for the gospel and for the dedication you have for the work. I think it's awesome that you are so sensitive to the Spirit and I really admire that. I'm grateful for all that you teach me; like the mothers who taught their 2,000 stripling warriors. Being here on my mission, thus far has been great.

I know that by the whisperings of the Spirit the Lord will be there for me and for you. I know that whatever trials we may have the Lord will lift us up. 2 NE. 4:20 "My God hath been my support" and seeing you throughout the years I know that the Lord will support you. Thank you for teaching me righteous principles and know that by the Spirit that I will be safe.

Thank you for that hymn #98. Earlier that day I felt the Spirit wanted me to listen to it, even before I got your letter. I know that you felt the Spirit or that wouldn't have happened. Thank you for your prayers and support.

Thank you for being on the straight and narrow path. I love you always!

Elder Nicholas Richards

Hymn #29 ALL VERSES!

No comments:

Post a Comment