Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Letter written home on 24 December 2010

Hey Family!

Ever notice how handwriting gets better without a computer? :-) HA!

Sorry again for not writing lately. I'm really busy with all the MTC is giving me.

Thanks for the Dear Elder letters! I was so excited to get them! and for all the gifts - they're GREAT! I'm so glad I got some family photos. They really made my Spirits better.

The MTC is great. Except for all the food. I mean I'm not complaining or anything. I mean I'm gaining weight sort of and gym time and all. It's nice to run around the track - just about every other day. Plus I get to play volleyball!! So that's good!

Thanks for giving me that scripture mom about Alma 37:35-37. It really helped a lot. I cried when I read that. I also came across a scripture that goes along with that. Helaman 5:12. It's been so great feeling the Spirit here. It feels just below the Temple. It's awesome.

It was really different my first day here. When we all got together as missionaries in the gym, for the welcome announcement. The President of the MTC said that we were the largest group in a really long time, I believe. I could really feel that magnitude (sp?) when he asked someone to stand up and recite "My Purpose" and he picked me to do it! I think I may have been one of  very few who actually knew it. So I stood up in front of about 640 missionaries and said it. President Smith was very impressed with it.

So how are things back at home? I hope work is going well and that everything is ok. Don't let things get too AWESOME while I'm gone! I hope Church is going really well! and that you all are having a wonderful time. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! All your letters and gifts really help me out a lot. It's such a big help when I get a really long letter on how things are. Reference - Hymn #85 and #165

P.S. Thanks for the chocolate and altoids. Now I'm like Dad! :-)


MY PURPOSE

Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them
receive the restored gospel through
faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement,
repentance, baptism, receiving the
gift of the Holy Ghost, and
enduring to the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment