Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Another GREAT Week!

Sooooo Everyone!                                                   10 December 2012

My ankle is slowly healing and we're getting along slowwwwwwww! When I got here in the area we didn't have any investigators; BUT now we have a really nice teaching pool. It's not a whole lot - but it's a great start. All the investigators are very promising.

I'm on exchanges with one of my zone leaders right now and it's nice to be in a vehicle for a change; although I still really like my bike. I'll be sending the bike home - hopefully before I go home. I've already got a bike lined up for me to borrow from a member.....so it's ALL GOOD! As far as funds go - I'll probably need @ $50.00 for traveling home; but I think I'm good; otherwise I'll let you know.

So for preparation day today we went to a gymnastics gym and played around! It was super fun! I loved running around and jumping all over the place - and yes - I'm good with my ankle. I took some time and rested a while. So in my OLD mission age - my back, head, arms and legs hurt....a lot! Hahaha!



Hear no Evil, See no Evil, Speak no Evil!

Boys will be Boys!

Shooting some Hoops!

(It would have been nice to have a picture of Elder Richards in there somewhere!)  Haha!

Elder Orr and I have had a lot of great teaching opportunities this last week. In one day we were able to contact 5 referrals and receive 5 more referrals.....so now we have to contact ANOTHER 5 people! Haha! It was SWEET! So the little time I get to go out we do have GREAT SUCCESS. Staying inside is really getting on my nerves.

So we're working really hard and getting things done. Regarding the woman who set herself for baptism on the 19th - it probably isn't going to happen as planned and we're thinking about pushing it back farther. We're having trouble getting a hold of her. (Such is the life of a missionary!)

Lately my bike has been doing great! Everything is working fine. When I get home I'll have time to tune it up again - seeing as how all the wires are stretching because of the weather here - which BTW it's not super cold but also not very warm either.

This week we have a Mission Conference in VA-Beach (My LAST ONE!) and it's going to be great seeing a bunch of great Elders and Sisters from the mission once again and for the last time as a missionary. Sad day  :-(   but it's all good!

Today we were out eating at Chick-fa-Lay (sp?). After we prayed over our food one gentleman thanked us for being so young and shook our hands and then ordered us lemon-aids. It was humbling and right away I remembered Matt. 5:16  "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and GLORIFY  your Father which is in Heaven." and how important it is to live the gospel. Another scripture in Mosiah 4:10 "And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things see that ye do them."...the part at the end...see that ye do them...! It was wonderful! We were really humbled to see how grateful that man was for our example. (Not to boast) but it is humbling to see people come to us like that. I love it!

I hope everything is great! Thanks for all the awesome stuff y'all do for me. I love to hear all the fun random stuff that goes on back home.

I love you all. Enjoy your week!

Elder Richards

Virginia Richmond Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment