Monday, November 5, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Hey Everyone!                       30 October 2012

So this last week was rough! We're struggling with issues as missionaries but we've recovered. Hopefully, we're going to have a great rest of the transfer.

In the past 9 days we've had some good success. We have an investigator set for baptism on November 24th and she's reading every church book she can find. She's read The Book of Mormon several times and is half way through it again! We'll be going back to teach her tomorrow and we're going to be teaching 2 investigators tonight and a 3rd with his family.

So it's a bit busy now....IT'S ALL GOOD!...and hopefully we are getting somewhere with all of our other investigators. The hurricane isn't as bad this year as it was for me last year. Our power is still on and our area hasn't been hit seriously. We do, however, have a TON of leaves all over the place.

As far as the bike goes...I've talked to my zone leaders today and they're going to take the bike to the office next Wednesday. I'll be calling them alot to make sure they don't forget. Hahaha!

I hope your eye will be doing good mom. It'll be nice to see you after 2 years. Everybody looks a little different than when I left. Right now Elder Jensen is riding a different bike in downtown Richmond, which is in our district. He just had a b-day yesterday and he seems to be doing well! (He's an Elder that was with E. Richards in the MTC and also they were companions together earlier this last year. It is his bike that is being sent to us for Don!)  Of course, the Richmond Branch is a bike area and I'm sure he's freezing like me also. Hahahaha! He does go home the same day I do; but he has to take a placement test early so he may go home 2 weeks early to do that and to get ready for school.

It's been super cold today on bike and my jaw at the joint gets painfully cold.....but it's all good! I'll have to get something to cover that up while I'm riding. As the weather get's colder we seem to be more and more covered up on our bikes and eventually we look like Ninjas once our mouths are covered with our scarves! Hahaha! Sometimes we surprise the drivers and some of the people that are out and about....:-) I'll have to take some pictures of us when we are covered up. I did get some good biking winter gloves yesterday, as the senior missionaries gave us a ride and they work GREAT! (Have to LOVE the Senior missionaries!) My hands are very happy! Just imagine the cold weather back home and try biking in it, as long as the roads aren't frozen....but...really....don't try it! My mobility on bike with everything on is very limited! Hahahaha! It's all good!

I hope everything is going well and that everyone is safe. I hope that Uncle Bill is doing well. I haven't heard from him yet...but I
hope to.

It's sooo good to hear about our ward back home - fellowshipping all the new converts. That's how it's suppose to be. That lifts me up hearing about all the success going on.

I hope the whole family is doing well and here's my scripture to y'all:

http://www.lds.org/bible-videos/videos/jesus-declares-i-am-the-light-of-the-world-the-truth-shall-make-you-free?lang=eng

http://www.lds.org/topics/plan-of-salvation/our-eternal-life/video?lang=eng

I LOVE you all! Take good care!

Elder Richards

Virginia Richmond Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter Day Saints

P.S.  Here are a couple more videos....Enjoy!

http://www.lds.org/media-library/video/mormon-messages?lang=eng&start=13&end=24#2012-01-001-power-of-god

http://www.lds.org/prophets-and-apostles/unto-all-the-world/testing-revelation?lang=eng

http://www.lds.org/topics/plan-of-salvation/our-eternal-life/video?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment