Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sent Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Update on the Mission:

So I was just pulling my camera out to e-mail all of my adventures BUT I grabbed the wrong cord - so until next week, enjoy all these things we call letters and words...Ha!Ha!

So, yesterday (P-day) we all went to downtown Norfolk. We took the lite rail and our bikes too....It was sweet! We got everything we needed and all 5 of us (with bikes) went on the tide (lite rail system!)

We went to the mall and walked around and looked at stuff. They didn't have a bike shop (where I'd rather spend the rest of my time on a Monday)...but it's all good. We went to Barnes and Noble and looked at Journals and Dictionaries (You know...the good stuff) Haha! We also looked at running and basketball shoes.

We stopped at the Apple store and were shocked at how many people were in that shop. Technology has really made a giant impact on society. So we really just looked at the ipad and at the apps of the calendar and maps and contacts, the stuff we as missionaries dream about being the ultimate daily planner!

The games and other apps don't seem that appealing anymore so I wasn't drawn in as much as I thought I would be. After going there we went and had buffalo wild wings for lunch and that was nice. I took tons of pics of downtown and all the scenery.

On the way back on the lite rail we talked to some people about what we do and why we are missionaries. That part of the day was nice. On the way from the lite rail to our apartment we stopped and helped a lady and her friends fixing their flat tire on their car, so it was a good night after all.

Lately, we've been trying to get people to come to church but it's been a no go, but we're still trying so it's all good. It snowed the other day and we were told to stay inside so that was boring; but it's all good, sort of....

Other than that we're working really well at our companionship and things are going nicely.

25."My son, be faithful in Christ; and may not the things which I have written grieve thee, to weigh thee down unto death; but may Christ lift thee up, and may his sufferings and death, and the showing his body unto our fathers, and his mercy and long-suffering, and the hope of his glory and of eternal life, rest in your mind forever.
26. And may the grace of God, the Father, whose throne is high in the heavens, and our Lord Jesus Christ, who sitteth on the right hand of his power, until all things shall become subject unto him, be, and abide with you forever. Amen." **Moroni 9:25-26

I love you all and I hope you all have a great week.

Elder Richards

Virginia Richmond Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter Day Saints

P.S. Every library is closed on Mondays in Norfolk and the only ones open are 4-5 miles away so we got permission to e-mail on Tuesdays. (I'm guessing the other libraries may be out of his area also!)

No comments:

Post a Comment