Monday, July 25, 2011

Hello Everyone!

Thanks for the emails! It's good to hear that more missionaries are departing for this awesome journey!

Things here are still going well. Because of the new church policy I can't give too much info. on the people in this area.

We just invited a long-time inactive member of 15 years to take a tour of the church and they were really stoked to come and enjoy the spirit. They had one big question about how prayers are answered and we told them that they are answered more abundantly by being an answer to someone else's prayer - quoted by the 1st Presidency.

Last night we were teaching a family of 5 in The Book of Mormon in 3 Nephi 11 and also talked about the temple and mormon.org. Once they saw the pictures of the temple they asked where and how do they get to go inside. I answered that they have to first be baptized. We almost got their commitment to be baptized. It's really frustrating because they are so close and still haven't chosen to make the commitment.

Things are going okay. I'm still trying to get my companion to speak more in lessons. I told him how I feel about companionship unity and how important it is and that I just can't lead all by myself in lessons. I feel that if he had talked more and lead last night that we would have gotten 5 baptism dates set. I'll keep trying. I think what I'll do is when I'm done speaking in a lesson I'll just wait till he says something and let him go from there. We are enjoying the time we have together and all the fun we're having.

The apartment is still as boring as always, I stay in 1 hour a day to ice my ankle and treat it, which is really boring! I'm hoping to find a solution soon. I am really begging to do some service here - so I'm just hoping something awesome will happen soon!

The work is AWESOME and we're loving it! We joke around and try to keep the stress to a minimum!

So anyway, I love y'all and I hope to hear from you soon.

Elder Richards

3 Nephi 26:9-12

9"And when they shall have received this, which is expedient that they should have first, to try their faith, and if it shall so be that they shall believe these things then shall the greater things be made manifest unto them.

10"And if it so be that they will not believe these things, then shall the greater things be withheld from them, unto their condemnation.

11Behold, I was about to write them, all which were engraven upon the plates of Nephi, but the Lord forbade it, saying: I will try the faith of my people.

12Therefore I, Mormon, do write the things which have been commanded me of the Lord. And now I, Mormon, make an end of my sayings, and proceed to write the things which have been commanded me."

No comments:

Post a Comment